Enough already – all of us need to quit torturing ourselves about our weight!
- Write a list of things you like about your physical self – eyes, hair, smile etc.
- Write a list of non-physical traits you have that are positive – honest, kind, hardworking, funny etc
- Keep the list on your fridge and read them every day
- Look at nature – trees, leaves, rocks, flowers, mountains, clouds…and notice imperfections and differences – there is no perfection
- Wear clothes that compliment your figure – quit waiting to fit into those “skinny” clothes
- Stay away from fashion magazines and/or remember how much air brushing goes into the pictures
- Do nice things for your body – massage, manicure, bubble bath, lotions, dancing
- Stop checking the scale all the time
- Stop talking about your weight!
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Be honest and identify what you can and can’t change with your body
- Develop your mind
- Strive to be “healthy” rather than being on the weight loss treadmill
- Learn to use cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)to learn to stop negative thoughts about yourself
- Have friends that have healthy relationships with food, weight and their bodies
- Identify your important life values and work to achieve and enjoy them
These helpful tips paraphrased from “Examiner.com 10/11”